Meet the incredible farmers and purveyors who contribute to AltaGracia’s culinary approach with this active hike through Cedral. This journey on foot is sure to both build and satisfy your appetite as you discover the ‘local treasures’ who embody Costa Rican culture. From high up in the hills, you’ll begin your voyage back to the hacienda, stopping along the way to meet the locals behind the ingredients - and even sample the fresh products.
- Start at the private home of Yalile, Eduardo and Froilan, the family behind our coffee cooperative, Los Jilgueros
- Meet Werner at Lácteos de Don Aurelio, who will introduce you to their homemade cheeses and yogurts
- Arrive at Mari’s farm to taste her organic produce, including tree tomatoes, kale, lettuce, and sweet peppers to one of Costa Rica’s most unique fruits – uchuva
- Once fueled up, you will hike back to the hacienda
- Suggested for guests aged 10 and above due to the length of the hike