Sleeping Indian Ranch
Private Working Cattle Ranch
Located 47 miles northwest of Telluride, the 17,000-acre Sleeping Indian Ranch is situated in the unspoiled Cimarron Range where multigenerational families and groups of friends can escape to relish total privacy and experience spirited adventures of true Americana. Enjoy hiking and horseback riding to snowmobiling and heli-skiing, all amid steep forested mountains and cliffs, a haven where elk, moose, black bears, and bald eagles grace the land and skies.
- 40,000+ sq. ft. | 8 Bedrooms | Sleeps up to 16 guests
- Only rented as an exclusive buyout experience
- Onsite airstrip for helicopter transfers
- Ranch home and lawn available for private events
- Branding Barn – private event space for weddings and corporate events for up to 200 guests
- American Institue of Architects award-winning home | Designed by Douglas S. Ewing
- The largest post-and-beam log structure ever built evoking the arts and crafts movement
- FOR BOOKING INQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT: Bryan Woody
- Bryan.Woody@Aubergeresorts.com | 970-369-8963
- Use of the entire private home
- Expansive living space
- Screening room for movie viewing
- Formal dining room seats 20
- Living room with outdoor terrace and bar
- Workout room – free weights, cardio equipment
- Three master suites with king beds
- Five guest rooms with either king or queen beds
- Ensuite bathrooms for all guestrooms
- Cigar humidor room, gym and multi-purpose playroom
- Private butler services available
- Private chef services available
- Customized lunch and dinner menus created for you at additional cost
- VIP access to Madeline Hotel in Telluride Mountain Village
Outdoor adventures can be arranged by your personal concierge during your stay:
- Horseback riding
- Trap Shooting
- Lawn games
- Via Ferrata
- Heli Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
Memories span Generations
Helicopter into and out of Telluride Regional Airport and Montrose Airport for easy access to the regions most sought after experiences and amenities. Your Ranch Host will be able to tailor make your dream excursions with the help of the team at Madeline Hotel & Residences.
Stradling Cow Creek, a tributary of the Uncompahgre River, amidst the Northern San Juan Mountains, the Ranch has panoramic vistas of the steep forested mountains and cliffs of Cimarron Ridge, Chimney Rock and its namesake formation, the Sleeping Indian; and provides access to viewing the abundant wildlife of the area including elk, black bear, mule deer, moose, mountain lion, flocks of wild turkeys and bald eagles.
Connect with Family and Friends
Guests have exclaimed ‘this is heaven on earth’ and in between hiking private trails around the ranch or relaxing on the expansive terrace, it’s the solitude and privacy of the setting that provides lasting memories of connecting with family and friends at Sleeping Indian Ranch.
At the 17,000 acre ranch, enjoy hiking, horseback riding, skeet or target shooting, ATV riding, fly fishing for brown and cutthroat trout and stargazing. Be a "ranch hand" for the day on a cattle drive or help with springtime branding.
The Ranch is a private retreat created for multi-generational families, glorious outdoor weddings, corporate retreats and board meetings.
Customized menus can be created for your group by your own private chef. The Lodge also features a spectacular Great Room with 38-foot high ceilings, a dining hall that can seat up to 20 guests, a 2,000 square foot professional chef’s kitchen, and a three-room wine cellar. There is an expansive patio with outdoor seating and a grill, as well as a stone fireplace for roasting marshmallows.
Located 47 miles northwest of Telluride and the Madeline Hotel, the 17,000-acre Sleeping Indian Ranch is a private home that situated in the unspoiled Cimarron Range – a haven where elk, moose, black bears, and bald eagles grace the land and skies.
Onsite airstrip for helicopter transfers
This private home is rented only as the entire ranch
Elegant, rustic paradise
3660 County Road 8A
Ridgway, CO 81432, USA
Permit # STR2023-062