The Stables are an important piece of Bishop's Lodge history. Guests can book as part of a scheduled group ride or opt for private excursions with advanced notice. Guests are asked to arrive at the Stables for their excursion 15 minutes prior to their scheduled time to fill out waivers and meet the horses. Wrangler-led pony rides are available for children seven years and younger.
- Max group size is 6 guests | Age Requirement: eight years and older
- Trail rides will be recommended based on experience level:
- Beginners | 1 hour, gentle trails - riders who have done fewer than four rides in the past
- Intermediate | 1-2 hours - riders who have done five or more rides in the past
- Expert | 3 hours to full day rides - riders have extensive riding experience and trot comfortably
Horseback Riding & Stables Experiences
- 1-Hour "Sunset Trail" Ride
- 1-Hour "Mesa Trail" Ride
- 2-Hour "Little Tesuque Trail" Ride
- 3-Hour "Viewpoint Trail" Ride
- 3-6-Hour "Windsor Trail" Ride
- 30-60 minutes
- 60 minutes
Epicurean Equine Excursions
Elevate your experience with special add-ons, like a live cowboy poetry reading, traditional Navajo hoop dancing performance or an astrologist to guide a stargazing experience. Please inquire at 310.437.4636 for availability and pricing.
Cowboy Breakfast Ride
Saddle up at dawn for a sunrise breakfast ride to a secluded spot on Bishop's Lodge property where you'll find a private chef creating a hearty breakfast over an open campfire, such as hot biscuits with honey butter and skillet blue corn pancakes with pinon maple syrup.
Embark on a trail ride at sunset for an authentic cowboy cookout. As you watch the sun dip below the horizon, savor wood-fire roasted ribeye steak, jalapeño cornbread and peach skillet cobbler. Sip tart whiskey sours to cap off the evening.