Bordering on 1.5 million acres of Santa Fe National Forest, Bishop's Lodge has access to extensive trail systems right from our property for hikers of all ages.
Guided Introductory Hike
Get a lay of the land on a 1.5-mile out and back hike winds through the Bishop's Lodge trail system up to the start of the Santa Fe National Forest land.
- 1.5 hours
- The trail follows the Little Tesuque creek bed and is partially shaded during summer months.
Guided Half-Day Viewpoint Hike
Stretch your legs on a 2.5 mile out-and-back hike to a beautiful viewpoint overlooking Santa Fe and the surrounding valley.
- 3-4 Hours | Intermediate
- This is rated a "moderate" hike due to elevation gain and loose terrain on the last half mile of trail.
Guided Full-Day Hike
We have multiple options ranging from 9-15 for out-and-back full-day guided hiking trips. The majority of these hikes will be fore "advanced" hikers who are comfortable hiking on uneven and rough terrain while gaining extensive elevation.
- 8-9 Hours (8 on trail) | Challenging
- Locations are weather and season-dependent.
- A packed lunch is included.