With the mountains and sky reflected in the glass-like water beneath you, paddle across the Talbott Reservoir exploring its shoreline on a half-day guided kayaking trip. Primland’s inflatable ‘Funyaks’ are perfect for novices. Located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains at an elevation of 2,600 feet, the Talbott Reservoir is part of the Dan River Gorge - dubbed the Grand Canyon of Virginia. For a full-body workout, try paddleboarding, perfect for admiring the wildflowers blanketing the hillsides and watching for playful river otters and industrious beavers.
- Tours available between 9 am - 2 pm
- Kayaking - 2 hours | Stand Up Paddleboarding - 1-2 hours
- Must be 8 years old to kayak
- Children need to be 50 lbs. or over to participate due to personal flotation devices
- Guests below the age of 18 must have a guardian present
- Recommend water shoes and swim attire; flotation device required