For those curious about casting a fly or catching a trophy trout, Primland’s experts can teach you everything you need to know. Start on one of three stocked ponds and catch your own trout or bass. Catches can be cleaned, frozen and placed in a travel sized cooler so you can take them home to enjoy. Or experience the rush of catch and release fishing on a broad and forgiving stretch of river in Kibler Valley. Seasoned anglers will thrill at the catch and release opportunities presented by a particular six-mile stretch of the picturesque Dan River. In the dappled light that filters through the crowns of trees that meet overhead, wily brown, brook, and rainbow trout await in the rippling waters. Fishing licenses are available for purchase at our Outdoor Activities Center.
- Fishing is available year round, but “prime time” is April-November
- Rental equipment available for trips
- 1/2 day or full-day guided wading trips
- River Fly fishing is catch and release only. Your pond catch may be cleaned and taken home for a fee
- Full-day includes a boxed lunch
More to Love
unforgettable activities for