The Ultimate Virginia Golf Resort Experience
Showcasing breathtaking mountain views at every turn, The Highland Course at Primland melds seamlessly with the natural landscape to offer players of all skill levels the challenge they desire. Opened in 2006 by renowned golf course architect, Donald Steel, the 18-hole course recently ranked No. 4 in Virginia (GolfDigest) and No. 2 in Virginia (Golfweek), and presents fresh perspectives every time, compelling repeat rounds to master its challenges and appreciate its beauty afresh.
- Golf Shop | Open to resort guests and members only
- 10AM - 4PM | Through April 2023
Golf at The Highland Course
Play a Round
Winding through Primland Resort's mountainous terrain and playing across ridgetops and over valleys, the course combines challenging golf with breathtaking scenery.
One-on-one with a Pro
Grow your game at Primland with private instruction. The estate’s trained PGA golf professionals offer a world-class, one-on-one experience, which can be tailored to any aspect of the game. A 60-minute lesson can include swing analysis, game management, putting, pitching, bunker shots and more. Golf clinics are offered throughout the week, focusing on whatever it is you’d like to improve - whether short game or full swing.
School of Golf
Take your game to the next level with School of Golf, build a multiple day lesson plan with one of our Professionals to improve all skills in every area of the game.
- Duration: From 2 hrs/day to full day
Become a member, inquire at 866.328.0310 or email@example.comInquire about Membership
Specifications, Pricing & Course Rules
The Highland Course Dress Code
- For Men | Shirts with collars and sleeves must be worn and tucked in at all times while playing the course. Slacks or golf shorts must be worn. No tank tops, denim, t-shirts, cut-offs, sweat pants, bathing suits or other athletic shorts are permitted while playing the course.
- For Women | Dresses, skirts, slacks, golf shorts and blouses must be worn while playing the course. No halter tops, tank tops, denim, t-shirts, bathing suits, sweat pants, athletic shorts or short shorts are permitted while playing the course.
- Shoes | Acceptable shoes must be worn at all times. Golf shoes with spikeless golf cleats are mandatory. Golf shoes and spikeless golf cleats are available to purchase through the Pro Shop.
- Yardage | 7053
- Rating | 75.1
- Slope | 153
- Par | 72
- May 16 - August 20 | $300
- September 8 - October 31 | $300
- April 1-15 | $150
- April 16-30 | $200
- May 1-15 | $250
- August 23-31 | $200
- September 1-7 | $250
- November | $200
2022-23 Maintenance Dates | Course Opens Late (11AM)
- November 21, 2022
- April 17, 2023
- May 22, 2023
- June 19, 2023
- July 17, 2023
- August 23, 2023
- September 25, 2023
2023 Aerification Dates
- Spring aerification occurs prior to re-opening the course April 1; however, holes may continue to be visible from opening April 1 until mid-May.
- August 21-22, 2023 | Course closed for aerification, reopening August 23 at 11AM. Aerification holes may continue to be visible until mid-September.
More to Love
unforgettable activities for