Showcasing breathtaking mountain views at every turn, The Highland Course at Primland melds seamlessly with the natural landscape to offer players of all skill levels the challenge they desire. Opened in 2006 by renowned golf course architect, Donald Steel, the 18-hole course recently ranked No. 4 in Virginia (GolfDigest) and No. 2 in Virginia (Golfweek), and presents fresh perspectives every time, compelling repeat rounds to master its challenges and appreciate its beauty afresh.
- Available April - November
- Golf Pro Shop open daily
- Inquire with your adventure guides about rates and times at 866.328.0310
Golf at The Highland Course
Play a Round
One-on-one with a Pro
School of Golf
- Duration: From 2 hrs/day to full day
Par 3 Golf Package | 2 rounds of Golf for Every Night Stayed
Book online or call 888.876.6513. Play The Highland Course, the No. 2 Golf Course in Virginia (Golfweek), with an exclusive stay package. For every night booked, receive two rounds of golf on our award-winning mountain course. Featuring breathtaking views of the Pinnacles of Dan and North Carolina’s Piedmont at every turn, The Highland Course at Primland provides a fresh perspective and new challenges with each round played.
Veterans Appreciation Days at Primland
Primland welcomes all veterans and active duty military members to join us for a day of play on The Highland Course. Both active and retired military personnel can enjoy a discounted rate of $100 for themselves and standard rates for guests in their foursome on: Memorial Day, May 30th, Independence Day, July 4th, Labor Day, September 5th, and Veterans Day, November 11, through November 30th. Reservations will be taken beginning 7 days prior to each holiday. Inquire or reserve at 866.328.0310.
Become a member, inquire at 866.328.0310 or firstname.lastname@example.orgInquire about Membership
Specifications, Pricing & Course Rules
The Highland Course Dress Code
- For Men | Shirts with collars and sleeves must be worn and tucked in at all times while playing the course. Slacks or golf shorts must be worn. No tank tops, denim, t-shirts, cut-offs, sweat pants, bathing suits or other athletic shorts are permitted while playing the course.
- For Women | Dresses, skirts, slacks, golf shorts and blouses must be worn while playing the course. No halter tops, tank tops, denim, t-shirts, bathing suits, sweat pants, athletic shorts or short shorts are permitted while playing the course.
- Shoes | Acceptable shoes must be worn at all times. Golf shoes with spikeless golf cleats are mandatory. Rental shoes and spikeless golf cleats are available through the Pro Shop.
- Yardage | 7053
- Rating | 75.1
- Slope | 153
- Par | 72
- May 16 - August 14 | $290
- September 9 - October 31 | $290
- April 1-15 | $150
- April 16-30 | $200
- May 1-15 | $245
- August 17-25 | $200
- August 26 - September 8 | $245
- November 1-30 | $200
2022-23 Maintenance Dates | Course Opens Late (11AM)
- November 21, 2022
- April 17, 2023
- May 22, 2023
- June 19, 2023
- July 17, 2023
- August 23, 2023
- September 25, 2023
2023 Aerifcation Dates
- Spring aerification occurs prior to re-opening the course April 1; however, holes may continue to be visible from opening April 1 until mid-May.
- August 21-22, 2023 | Course closed for aerification, reopening August 23 at 11AM. Aerification holes may continue to be visible until September 11.