Etéreo Fact Sheet
Etéreo – Spanish for “ethereal” - something spiritual and heavenly — and so ties into the sense of spiritual renewal and the celestial connection that's central to the Mayan culture. Located on a timeless and pristine oceanfront site that is remarkable for its lush and expansive gardens of lush greenery and 300 meter long, white-sand beach. The resort is a collection of patinated coral stone structures designed with modern Mayan references.
- Situated on the eastern coast of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula, and surrounded by the natural beauty of the Mayan Rivera's lush lagoons and pristine greenery, Etéreo is located in the Kanai development just 24 miles from Cancun International Airport and 6 miles from Playa del Carmen.
- SANA, an Auberge Spa, is a wellness sanctuary set above a lush forest with each of the seven private terrace treatment rooms overlooking an endless sea of green. The spa features salt rooms, sound showers, an herbal steam room, a Mayan clayroom, and a cenote-inspired pool. Spa treatments will take their inspiration from local healing traditions and the Mayan reverence for the celestial.
- Each of the 75 guesthouses at Etéreo have expansive ocean or forest views and floor-to-ceiling windows opening to large terraces, exemplifying extraordinary indoor-outdoor living. Many also have private plunge pools and additional rooftop terraces.
- Mangrove Studio with Plunge Pool
- Ocean Studio
- Ocean Studio with Sky Deck
- Ocean Studio with Plunge Pool
- Ocean Studio with Sky Deck and Plunge Pool
- Ocean Suite
- Ocean Suite with Sky Deck
- One Bedroom Ocean Guesthouse
- Two Bedroom Ocean Guesthouse
- Two Bedroom Ocean Penthouse
- Three Bedroom Ocean Penthouse
- Etéreo features three distinct dining venues, each inspired by the flavors of Mexico and taking on Mayan influences. Additional experiential dining options keep the dining options fresh and innovative.
- Itzam: an indoor-outdoor restaurant and bar overlooking the water featuring Mayan techniques with a contemporary twist.
- Che Che: a relaxed, open-air restaurant celebrating the marriage of Japanese and Mexican techniques and flavors using local ingredients.
- El Changarro: a daytime beachside restaurant offering fresh grilled or chilled seafood in the sand.
- El Carrito: morning coffee and pastries, afternoon snack, and sunset cocktails.
- Alberca: light and fresh poolside chaise dining and drinking.
- Choose to spend your time with experiences on our land or get out and explore the rich history of the Yucatan all less than an hour away.
- Tour Mayan Ruins
- Mexican Culinary Immersions
- Discover Scuba
- Archaeological Tours
- Water Activities
- Yachts & Catamarans
- Nature Walk & Photography Class
- Visit Mayan Cenotes
Meetings & Events
- Kin: 1,700 square feet - Capacity for 180 guests
- Ixchel: 1,300 square feet - Capacity for 120 guests
- Itzell Pre-Function: 595 square feet - Capacity for 50 guests
- El Nicho: Capacity for 20 guests
- Pixán: Capacity for 50 guests
- Resol: 2,500 square foot lawn - Capacity for 225 guests
- The Beach: Capacity for 500 guests
- SANA, an Auberge Spa
- Spa Pool
- Fitness Center & Movement Studio
- Family Pool
- Chavitos Kids Club
- Adult Pool
- Outdoor Fire Pits
- Pristine Private Beach
- Beach Club & Private Cabanas
- Water Sports Center
- Bridges Floating Atop Lush Greenery
- Stargazing Platform
- In-Room Dining
- Guest Experience and Concierge team to assist with pre-arrival, planning, experiences coordination and departures.