Esperanza, Auberge Resorts Collection debuts new culinary at The Cove program
New Seaside Intimate Guest Experiences Centered Around Food, Exploration and Relaxation Nestled in the Award-Winning Coastal Luxury Resort’s Private Beach and Beyond
CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO (February 20, 2019) – Esperanza, Auberge Resorts Collection, the award-winning beachfront resort dramatically set on the bluffs of Punta Ballena, introduces Culinary at the Cove – a new seaside program centered around food, exploration and relaxation. Led by Executive Chef Guillermo Gomez, the new experience invites guests to engage in epicurean conquests and surrender in luxurious coastline splendor. Travelers will enjoy diving for Baja’s “seafood candy,” chocolata clams, off the east coast of the Baja California Peninsula; foraging for sea urchin, snails and blue stone crabs along Esperanza’s private cove; and unwinding in one of the resort’s two new two-story beach palapas with a private butler while being only a few steps away from the Sea of Cortez.
“We are excited to expand our programming with this only-here experience that will leave foodies wanting more,” said Marc Rodriguez, General Manager, Esperanza, Auberge Resorts Collection. “Unforgettable offerings like the resort’s Culinary at the Cove program takes travel centered on food to the next level, bringing visitors closer to the natural wonders of Baja, highlighting the region’s local cuisine while providing a level of excellence for which Esperanza is known.”
Esperanza’s Culinary at the Cove program includes:
- Diving for Chocolata Clams: Those looking for adventure can set off with Chef Gomez on this thrilling day excursion in search of chocolata clams found along Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula. The journey begins with an RZR off-roading adventure along the east coast to Cabo Pulmo where guests will be greeted on the beach by local fisherman who will take them out to sea to dive for clams and snorkel in the crystal-clear water. Upon return to shore, chef will show guests how to prepare the freshly caught clams and serve a delicious beach picnic before heading back to the resort.
- Sea Foraging: Guests can join Chef Gomez on a sea foraging excursion in search of local sea urchin, blue stone crabs and snails among the rocks of Esperanza’s private beach. Chef will use all of the seafood caught in the resort’s cove to prepare Chilpachole, a flavorful authentic Mexican seafood stew that combines the unique flavors of poblano pepper, dried oregano, fresh cilantro and a wide-variety of seafood and vegetables. Guests can savor the freshly-made dish on the beach with a bottle of wine
- Playa Paraíso Two-Story Open-Air Beach Palapas: Guests can relax in seaside luxury in one of Esperanza’s two new two-story open-air beach palapas as the sound of waves gently washing the shore wafts in the cool breeze. Tucked into the resort’s private cove, each palapa features a day bed, playful swing, a BOSE speaker for lounging, private butler service, a variety of additional amenities such as a Yeti Cooler filled with beverages and add-ons such as a private one-hour acoustic concert and a 60-minute massage for two. The new luxurious palapa experience can be enjoyed three ways:
- All-Day Paradise: The oceanfront palapa can be booked all day for the ultimate Playa Paraíso experience complete with a morning meditation or yoga class, breakfast and lunch, El Beso Mágico cocktail hour, a private chef BBQ dinner paired with a bottle of wine or champagne and an evening bonfire with s’mores. This package also includes a choice of sea foraging with chef, an afternoon ceviche class with chef, a curated cocktail tasting with Esperanza’s master mixologist or a 45-minute massage for two.
- Morning Journey: Guests can begin the day in their private two-story beach palapa with a meditation or yoga class, followed by breakfast with sparkling wine and mixers and, after enjoying the warm Baja sun and salty sea air, a delicious lunch.
- Sunset Splendor: After a day in the sun, guests can enjoy barefoot bliss with El Beso Mágico cocktail hour at sunset, a private chef BBQ dinner paired with a bottle of wine or champagne and a bonfire with s’mores.
For more information or to book Esperanza’s new Culinary at the Cove experiences, please call toll-free 844-207-8474 or visit aubergeresorts.com/esperanza. Follow Esperanza on Facebook at facebook.com/esperanzaresort and on Twitter and Instagram at @EsperanzaResort.