Husband-and-wife chef team Bradley Nicholson and Susana Querejazu crafted this simple approach to a classic, comforting biscuit. Yields 6.
- 1 1/2 cups (272 grams) All Purpose Flour, Chilled
- 1 Tbsp (37 grams) Sugar, Chilled
- 2 tsp (7 grams) Kosher Salt, Chilled
- 1 tsp (3 grams) Baking Soda, Chilled
- 3 tsp (13 grams) Baking Powder, Chilled
- 3/4 cup (175 grams) Butter, Chilled and Grated
- 6.3 fl oz (180 grams) Buttermilk, Chilled
Method: Combine all dry ingredients, mix well. Grate in chilled butter. This can be chilled overnight, if desired. Mix in buttermilk. Finish when shaggy. Flour surface of table and add a book fold. Rest for 1 hour, then portion. Egg wash and bake at 375-400 degrees with fan. Finish with honey butter and salt.