Condé Nast Traveler Editors Name Auberge du Soleil Top Wine Country Hotel in the World
- NAPA VALLEY, CALIF. (December 21, 2017) – Condé Nast Traveler has announced its 2018 Gold List of editors’ picks for favorite hotels in the world, with Auberge du Soleil selected as the No. 1 Hotel in Wine Country. Auberge du Soleil , Napa Valley’s quintessential adult getaway, was chosen from a host of prestigious hotels located in the most recognized wine growing regions in the world – from Bordeaux to Tuscany; South Africa to Portugal.
- The Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2018 recognizes the world’s top properties, as discerningly selected by trusted editors and contributors. “This year’s Gold List is our love letter to the hotels that make us feel sexier, smarter, flirtier,” write the editors, “that make us walk with a little more swagger and remind us who we want to be and how we want to live.”
- In addition to earning the Top Wine Country designation, Auberge du Soleil was also named No. 6 among the editor’s selections of “Favorite Hotels in California;” No. 15 among “Favorite Hotels in the U.S.;” and as part of the publications’ top choices for “Favorite Hotels in the World.”
- “With so many inspiring destinations and incredible hotels to choose from around the world, we are thrilled to be recognized in multiple categories by the highly-regarded editors of Condé Nast Traveler,” said George Goeggel, Managing Partner, at Auberge du Soleil. “We are especially grateful for the acknowledgement as No.1 in Wine Country as it recognizes the essence of the Auberge du Soleil experience and pays tribute to the dedication of our team who are committed to enriching lives through genuine, passionate, knowledgeable service.”
- Inspired by the relaxed sophistication of the South of France and infused with California soul, Auberge du Soleil, provides the quintessential Napa Valley adult getaway. The property features wine country’s most luxurious accommodations, spectacular valley views, a 12-time Michelin Star award-winning Restaurant, sculpture garden and an exclusive, picturesque spa. Known for service that sets the standard for gracious hospitality, the property is the Napa Valley’s longest-standing Forbes Five Star hotel and a member of Relais & Châteaux, an international association of outstanding boutique properties known for their excellence in hospitality and the culinary arts. The hotel consistently receives the highest accolades from the hospitality industry, discerning guests and the media, and is perennially ranked among the best in the world by influential publications including Condé Nast Traveler.
- For more information please visit www.aubergedusoleil.com and follow at facebook.com/AubergeduSoleil and on Twitter and Instagram at @AubergeduSoleil.
- About Condé Nast Traveler
- As the most discerning, up-to-the-minute voice in all things travel, Condé Nast Traveler is the global citizen’s bible and muse, offering both inspiration and vital intel. Condé Nast Traveler is the most trusted and celebrated name in travel with 6 National Magazine Award wins and 26 nominations in its 28-year history. Advertising Age named Pilar Guzmán Editor of the Year in 2014 and CNTraveler.com attained 3 Webby Awards in 2015.www.cntraveler.com
- About The Friedkin Group
- The Friedkin Group is comprised of a consortium of automotive, hospitality, entertainment, golf and adventure companies. These organizations include: Gulf States Toyota, GSFSGroup, GS Marketing, US AutoLogistics, Ascent Automotive Group, Auberge Resorts Collection, Imperative Entertainment, 30WEST, Diamond Creek Golf Club, Congaree and Legendary Adventures. The Friedkin Group is led by Chairman and CEO Dan Friedkin. For more information, visit www.friedkin.com.
- MEDIA CONTACT:
- Rachel Farnham
- Murphy O’Brien Public Relations