Auberge du Soleil Celebrates a Decade of Michelin Star Awards
- RUTHERFORD, CALIFORNIA (October 27, 2015) – Auberge du Soleil, Napa Valley’s landmark restaurant, continues a tradition of excellence by receiving its tenth consecutive onestar from the Michelin Guide San Francisco, Bay Area & Wine Country. The rating Guide is internationally recognized as one of the most universally respected culinary authorities of fine dining. In its 10th edition, the 2016 Guide continues to rate Auberge du Soleil among the top dining recommendations for visitors to one of America’s leading travel and culinary destinations.
- “We are honored to have received back-to-back Michelin stars for 10 consecutive years,” said George Goeggel, Managing Partner of Auberge du Soleil. “This is an incredible accomplishment for Executive Chef Robert Curry, who, coincidentally, just celebrated his 10th year at the helm in our kitchen. We are extremely proud of earning a Michelin Star for a full decade and applaud the remarkable talents of our culinary team and exceptional service staff who provide memorable dining experiences for our guests each day which have become the hallmark of Auberge du Soleil.”
- Under the direction of Chef Curry, the Auberge du Soleil Restaurant showcases seasonal ingredient-driven California cuisine prepared using French techniques. The restaurant is equally renowned for its unmatched hillside setting which offers spectacular views of valley vineyards and mountain vistas. Curry’s menu reflects his extensive experience in the traditions of Napa Valley and France, which continue to inspire the cuisine at Auberge du Soleil.
- Wine Director, Kris Margerum and Executive Pastry Chef Paul Lemieux work in tandem with Curry to develop Auberge du Soleil’s rich culinary and wine program. Margerum curates the restaurant’s wine list of 1,500 selections from 15,000-bottle cellar that has been awarded Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence for the past eight years. Lemieux has more than two decades of experience refined at renowned restaurants throughout the country. He demonstrates this experience and passion through the exquisite desserts he creates and the exclusive line of Culinary Items he produces, including Auberge du Soleil’s famed Tort au Chocolate.
- The Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is served from 7:00am-11:00am, brunch is served on the weekends from 11:30am – 2:30pm, lunch is served from 11:30am to 2:30pm, and dinner is served from 5:30pm – 9:30pm. For reservations, please call 800-348-5406. More information is available at www.aubergedusoleil.com.
- MEDIA CONTACTS:
- Rachel Farnham
- Murphy O’Brien Public Relations
- (310) 586 7109