Chileno Bay Resort And Residences Celebrates Fiery Latin Flavors And Global Culinary Artistry With ‘Savor Baja’ Food And Spirits Weekend
CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO (September 18, 2018) – Chileno Bay Resort & Residences, an Auberge Resorts Collection property and free-spirited beachfront escape in Los Cabos, invites guests on an epicurean adventure to experience the enchanting influence of fire, spice and smoke in Mexican and Latin American cuisine and cocktails at Savor Baja, November 13-17, 2018. The four-day food and spirits weekend will be the first among a new series of annual culinary events at Chileno Bay Resort and will showcase sustainably-sourced ingredients from local farms and fishing villages in coastal Baja with fiery and smoky dishes and drinks that invigorate the senses. Chileno Bay Resort’s Chef Yvan Mucharraz alongside notable chefs including Blackberry Farm’s Chef Cassidee Dabney and Flora Farms’ Chef Guillermo Tellez will take guests on a sensory journey showcasing Baja’s freshest sea and land fare. Guests will enjoy each chef’s own creative twists on Baja cuisine during oceanfront dinners, cocktail parties, interactive cooking demonstrations and fireside exhibitions.
“Since opening in February 2017, Chileno Bay Resort and signature restaurant COMAL have elevated the rich culinary traditions of Baja with modern flair, infusing signature dishes and drinks with daring Latin flavors and unexpected twists,” said Eliezer Quinones, General Manager, Chileno Bay Resort & Residences. “Savor Baja celebrates our culinary team’s dedication to creating magical moments that enliven our guests. We are excited to bring together the culinary artistry of Chef Yvan Mucharraz with imaginative chefs and bartenders from around the world for a stimulating seaside culinary weekend.”
Helmed by COMAL’s Executive Chef Yvan Mucharraz and Mixologist Osvaldo Vasquez, Savor Baja will highlight the key elements of heat – fire, spice and smoke – and their influence in coastal Baja cuisine and cocktails as interpreted by the Chileno Bay Resort culinary team and visiting tastemakers including:
- Chef Cassidee Dabney, Blackberry Farm, Walland, Tenn.
- Chef Guillermo Tellez, Flora Farms, San José del Cabo, Mexico
- Chef Cody Requejo, Omega Blue, La Paz, Mexico
- Jim Meehan, Bartender/Author, Please Don’t Tell, New York, N.Y.
Savor Baja will feature engaging culinary and spirits encounters including:
- Blackberry Farm in Cabo: Chef Cassidee Dabney will bring an authentic taste of Tennessee’s finest to Baja, infusing Blackberry Farm’s fresh grown herbs and grains with Cabo-sourced seafood to create flavorful Southern dishes with a Mexico twist, including wood grilled shrimp with charred carrot sauce and fire-roasted beef ribeye cap with smoked beet puree
- Smoking 101 with Chef Yvan Mucharraz of COMAL: learn the delicate art of cooking over indirect heat with Chef Yvan’s locally-inspired techniques for smoking meats and seafood low and slow
- Feast & Fireside Chat with Chef Cody Requejo of Omega Blue: indulge in dinner at COMAL with ocean views and a selection of dishes by Chef Requejo, followed by a fireside chat with bartender Jim Meehan
- “Historias de Mezcal”: sip on special blends from Del Maguey Mezcal accompanied by a sweet Mexican cacao and chocolate selection curated by COMAL’s Pastry Chef Devin McDavid
- Chileno en Fuego Lunada: revel in the heat with live fire stations hosted by each guest chef and a lively competition between bartender Jim Meehan and COMAL’s Mixologist Osvaldo Vasquez to create the best spicy cocktail
- Coco Loco Food Truck: join COMAL’s Mixologist Osvaldo Vasquez poolside for a spicy treat of local coconuts, Latin rum and local chilis packing varying degrees of heat
- COMAL Charred: awaken the senses during a distinctive dinner at COMAL highlighting the use of fire and smoke in preparation of Baja’s freshest fare from both land and sea
“I am excited to welcome this rare collection of culinary tastemakers to Chileno Bay Resort as we celebrate the diverse uses of fire, spice and smoke in Mexican and Latin cuisine,” said Yvan Mucharraz, Executive Chef, COMAL, Chileno Bay Resort & Residences. “It is sure to be an epic culinary adventure as COMAL’s team, along with a talented assembly of globally renowned chefs and bartenders, introduces guests to fiery dishes and drinks inspired by the bounty of the Baja Peninsula.”
Throughout the culinary weekend guests can burn off their indulgences with unique fitness experiences and active adventures including Sunrise Yoga, SUP and snorkeling at the resort’s H20 Cave, and Calorie Burning Beach Bootcamp led by internationally acclaimed fitness instructor Modu Seye, founder of ModuVated. Following each class, guests can refresh with a cold-pressed juice bar, oxygen shots and a Baja trail-mix bar.
For reservations or more information about Chileno Bay Resort & Residences, please call toll-free 844-207-9354 or visit https://aubergeresorts.com/chilenobay/. Follow Chileno Bay on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ChilenoBayCabo and on Instagram and Twitter at @ChilenoBayCabo.
About Auberge Resorts Collection
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences and private clubs. While each Auberge property possesses a unique individuality, all share a crafted approach to luxury that is expressed through captivating design, exceptional cuisine and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. Properties in the Auberge Resorts Collection include: Auberge du Soleil, Calistoga Ranch and Solage, Napa Valley; Esperanza and Chileno Bay, Los Cabos, Mexico; Hotel Jerome, Aspen; Malliouhana, Anguilla; Nanuku, Fiji; Madeline Hotel and Element 52, Telluride, Colorado; Hacienda AltaGracia, Costa Rica; Mukul, Guacalito, Nicaragua; Auberge Beach Residences and Spa, Fort Lauderdale (opening Autumn 2018); The Lodge at Blue Sky, Park City, Utah (opening Spring 2019); Bishop’s Lodge, Santa Fe, New Mexico (opening Summer 2019); Mauna Lani, Hawaii (opening late 2019); Commodore Perry Estate, Austin and Susurros del Corazon, Punta de Mita, Mexico (opening 2020), with several others in development. For more information about Auberge Resorts Collection, please visit www.aubergeresorts.com. Follow Auberge Resorts Collection on Facebook at facebook.com/AubergeResorts and on Twitter and Instagram at @AubergeResorts.
About The Friedkin Group
The Friedkin Group is comprised of a consortium of automotive, hospitality, entertainment, golf and adventure companies. These organizations include: Gulf States Toyota, GSFSGroup, GSM, US AutoLogistics, Ascent Automotive Group, Auberge Resorts Collection, Imperative Entertainment, 30WEST, NEON, Diamond Creek Golf Club, Congaree and Legendary Adventures. The Friedkin Group is led by Chairman and CEO Dan Friedkin. For more information, visit www.friedkin.com.
Kimi Ozawa | Tiffany Higgins | Miriam Stevens
Murphy O’Brien Public Relations