Your Home Away from Home in Coastal Newport
Experience seaside living at its finest in the charming coastal town of Newport, nearby yet a world away. As a guest of our Home Away from Home program you will feel more like family with unfettered access to hotel amenities, freshly prepared breakfast daily, complimentary laundry services, and a host of curated experiences suited to you and your family’s tastes.
- Stay 7 nights or longer in a luxury guest room or suite
- Includes housekeeping and laundry service (up to 8 lbs per week)
- Connecting and multiple rooms available for families
- Contact us 877-713-2994 to build a custom package for your stay
A Gift Certificate to Return
Plan your next visit to The Vanderbilt or one of our sister properties in New England, and enjoy a complimentary night (or two) included with your Home Away from Home program.
Daily Breakfast, Your Way
Start each day with a seasonally-inspired, American-style full breakfast prepared and delivered to your room or dine al fresco on our sun-drenched Garden Terrace - it’s up to you.
Hand-Picked Experiences to Complete Your Perfect Stay
Delight in fresh, seasonal dishes from the best locally sourced ingredients. Pick up a few tips from our culinary experts and learn how to prepare your next signature dish.
- Immerse yourself in classic New England cuisine when you step out of the dining room and into the kitchen for an intimate cooking class. Our culinary experts will work with you to customize a menu to your desired tastes, incorporating locally sourced produce and seasonal ingredients.
- 1 Cooking Class per Week
- Spend time with our Head Mixologist to learn the recipes, skills and secrets to crafting perfect cocktails. Delve deeper into artful wine and cheese pairings. Develop your very own signature cocktail that you can make at home - as you toast to fond memories from your summer stay with us.
- 1 Spirits Session per Week
- Allow our culinary team to curate a seasonally inspired picnic basket, carefully packed for you to take on a leisurely stroll - perhaps the Cliff Walk along the eastern shore for the optimal picnic with a view.
- 1 Picnic basket per Week
This hotel is perfectly located, a block off Thames St and a few blocks from Bellevue Ave. We left the car at the hotel and walked everywhere. The rooms are elegantly appointed. The staff is lovely. Very welcoming and helpful. They setup S’mores at night for the fireplace along with board games. It’s a small property so you feel very at home. Highly recommend. meredithlh via TripAdvisor December 2019
A Summer Camp Alternative for Kids
Take a more personalized approach to summertime fun this year. From complimentary teepees to customized welcome amenities, make unforgettable memories as you seek out new adventures and delight in the simple pleasure of spending time together as a family.
- Grab your binoculars, flashlight, compass, and magnifying glass and set out on a scavenger hunt to discover the hidden treasures along the shore or nearby Cliff Walk.
- Explorer Kit is yours to keep.
- Sit back and enjoy the view as the kids splash in the waves, learn to fly a kite and build towering sandcastles with a complimentary assortment of beach toys - yours to enjoy throughout your stay.
- Take home the hand-selected kite with our compliments.
- Pedal your way around Narragansett Bay and take in spectacular views of Jamestown, the Mount Hope Bridge, Hog Island Lighthouse, and the coastal woodlands from atop a rail bike.
- Up to 4 Rail Explorer tickets are included with your stay.
- Little anglers can learn how to cast a line at one of our nearby fishing spots. Our concierge can help guide you toward the perfect location depending on your interest and experience level.
- Fishing rod is yours to take home.