Summer Skin Tips
Jun 18, 2014
Summer is our favorite time of year – we just can’t get enough of the summer sun. As much as we love spending time outside at our various resorts, we are also aware of the damaging effects the sun can have on our skin. To help protect your skin and keep it looking effortlessly beautiful, here are some tips we put together. Now go enjoy the pool (try our Los Cabos resort, Chileno Bay pools!) without feeling guilty!
1) Sunscreen is a must! You’ve probably heard that the higher SPF of the sunscreen, the more sun protection it holds; however, several dermatologists say that an SPF higher than 30 makes little to no difference in sun protection. Make sure to also keep applying – at least every two hours – and everyday – not just when you’re out by the pool.
2) Water is proven to help your skin look younger and fresher. When you’re out in the sun this summer, it’s important to remember to drink water, especially since the sun is dehydrating your body. Remember, you are supposed to be drinking eight 8 – ounce glasses a day, and we recommend even more during the summer time!
3) Exfoliate your skin! Regenerate your skin by buying an exfoliating scrub to get rid of dry, flaky skin, and awaken new, glowing skin. We love this exfoliating face cleanser from Marie Veronique Organics: http://www.mvorganics.com/products/mvo-exfoliating-cleanser.
4) When you’re taking care of your face, don’t forget to also take care of your lips! Buy a chapstick with an SPF of at least 15 to keep them from getting burned and sun damaged.
5) Hit the gym! It isn’t a shock that exercise is good for your overall health, but studies have shown that it’s actually good for your skin as well. Exercise eliminates toxins in your body and increases the health of your skin – and leaves it with a special radiance.
6) Revitalize your sun- kissed skin with one of Auberge’s organic, all- natural spa treatments. Not only will the treatment be relaxing, but it will also leave your skin looking flawless and re-nourished. We think the Deluxe Refining Facial By Espa at the Auberge du Soleil Spa is perfect for this occasion.