Anguilla's Famed Romantic Hideaway Is Back With The Reopening Of Malliouhana, Auberge Resorts Collection, On December 15, 2018
ANGUILLA, B.W.I. (September 12, 2018) – Malliouhana, Auberge Resort Collection, Anguilla’s glamorous beachside hideaway, will throw open its iconic doors on December 15, 2018, welcoming back guests to a completely refreshed and updated resort experience overlooking the sugar-white sands of Meads Bay and Turtle Cove. Nearly a year in the works, the highly anticipated re-opening of Malliouhana will unveil a resort that has been lovingly restored and enhanced with the glamour and relaxed sophistication that fans love and remember from the Auberge Resorts Collection brand. On the horizon in early 2019, Malliouhana will unveil 11 new beachfront suites, four garden suites and a two-bedroom beachfront villa, along with a completely new Auberge Spa and gathering spaces.
A luxury hideaway for the international jet set since the 1980s, Malliouhana is now taking reservations to welcome those seeking a relaxed Caribbean sophistication. From the moment guests enter Malliouhana, a visual connection to the sea is created from the entry through the dramatic doors to the blindingly blue ocean. The color palette of mint, mango, saffron and white found throughout the is inspired by the effect of the water on Anguilla’s sugar-white sand. Throughout the hotel, the theme of sky meeting the sea is reflected again and again, whether through the dramatically mirrored mosaic floors or through the meandering pathways that surprise and delight guests with special views and vibrant flora and fauna.
“Malliouhana has long been a beloved and unrivaled destination experience in the Caribbean,” said Craig Reid, CEO, Auberge Resorts Collection. “In partnership with new ownership, Bixby Bridge Capital, LLC, we have poured our heart and soul into restoring the resort guests have come to know and love, while taking the opportunity to add new amenities and experiences that really elevate and complement this special corner of paradise. Our team is ready and excited to welcome back both familiar and new faces!”
On December 15, guests will be greeted with warm Anguillan hospitality in a setting rich in character. Highlights include:
- Each of the current 46 oceanfront rooms and suites has been restored to showcase the award-winning design by Todd Avery Lenahan of TAL Studio, evoking a stylish Caribbean residence owned by a glamorous world traveler. Chinoiserie and British Colonial pieces complement early 20th century deco and rattan pieces, and splashes of bright yellow marry the sea to sun. The dramatic views over Meads Bay remain blissfully unchanged.
- The two-tiered infinity edge pools will debut sexy, new cabanas for a true VIP experience. The instantly recognizable and much-Instagrammed yellow and white striped umbrellas and color scheme will welcome back sun worshippers and the existing pool deck will be expanded outwards towards the cliff edge, creating the perfect perch overlooking the Caribbean Sea for weddings and special events.
- A destination in itself, The Restaurant at Malliouhana brings to life a Mediterranean-inspired culinary experience and a buzzing brand-new bar set in the heart of the restaurant, creating a welcoming new social hub and gathering spot where friends and family can reconnect after lazy or adventurous days, to tell their tales of the sea.
- Easily the most coveted spot in the hotel, the famous Sunset Bar will unveil a fresh new vibe, a cool haven from the sun with vaulted ceilings, long Turkish banquettes and lit birdcages placed through, all evoking an exotic film set from which guests can catch the sunset magic hour from the islands most scenic vantage point, while listening to the soft strains of Caribbean beats.
- A “toes in the sand” beach bar experience will feature locally inspired snacks and full meals, along with a curated selection of regional beers, rum and cocktails, all inspired by the eclectic flavors of the island.
- Malliouhana’s original treasures have been returned to their spots of honor, including a collection of animated jungle scenes depicting the Garden of Eden and painted by distinguished Haitian artist Jasmin Joseph.
- New Auberge Adventures will also be unveiled prior to the winter season, once again inviting guests to seek out and explore Anguilla’s hidden treasures.
Also debuting in early 2019, the Malliouhana experience will be further enhanced with brand new amenities and offerings to include:
- A new two-bedroom beachfront villa on Turtle Cove Beach, which will surely be the most requested accommodation, beckoning with a lushly landscaped portico, welcoming garden patio, private plunge pool and indoor/outdoor bathroom with free standing tub. The villa’s design is in keeping with the signature style from TAL Studio, with vibrant Caribbean colors and statement pieces such as seashell chandeliers throughout the abode.
- The 11 new beachfront suites have a wide-open and residential feel, with windows facing each direction and oversized balconies. Four new garden suites have generous ground floor terraces are the perfect spots to relax with loved ones and watch the sun rise or set.
- The Auberge Spa will be expanded to debut six new treatments rooms and a brand-new pool overlooking the crystal-clear waters of the ocean.
- An all-new meeting and gathering space just off the lobby will be able to host intimate gatherings and C-Suite retreats for up to 60 people, with stunning views of the ocean.
While Malliouhana will be better than ever, the one constant that won’t change are the warm and smiling faces of the resort staff. Always known for their gracious hospitality and sense of togetherness, the team at Malliouhana is eager and ready to welcome their returning guests and new friends, after more than a year. Sun-seekers ready to experience the new era of Malliouhana can book rates beginning at $795/night.