One of the best ways to reap the healing benefits of nature is through forest bathing, or shinrin-yoku—a Japanese wellness practice that involves mindfully immersing yourself in a natural atmosphere to relax the mind. The rolling hills, riverside walking paths and shaded trails of Litchfield, CT provide the perfect place for you to experience this meditative practice. Join a Nature Guide to explore the majestic surroundings on a two-hour hike and forest bathing excursion. You'll engage your senses (from breathing in the scent of the giant pine trees to listening to a rushing river), discover interesting flora and fauna, and learn how nature impacts our well-being. Your hike will end with an herbal tea offering.
- Guided hikes are available all year round, weather permitting
- 1 Hour Experience | $40 per guest
- 2 Hour Experience | 1 - 2 guest: $140 | 3 - 4 guests: $65 each | $50 each additional guest
- $30 per person, $80 per person for Private Group Tour - Max (2) guests
- Hosted off property. Guests meet at the Spa to journey to the trailhead
- Inquire about our nighttime woodland hike experience, featuring a trail illuminated by tea lights. Available beginning in April 2021
- Please call 860.619.7016 to speak with THE WELL at Mayflower Inn to book or email firstname.lastname@example.org