Exercise is more fun at the beach
Festive Sports and Fitness
Fitness is all about building and developing a balance between the mind and body. Along with on-property golf and tennis, an expansive Fitness Center and Kainalu Sports, Mauna Lani also presents a lineup of holiday-inspired challenges.
Special Holiday Fitness Events
- Mauna Lani Sprint Triathlon
- 500 meter Swim/6 Mile Cycle/3 Mile Run - Swim leaves from Resort Beach, followed by 6 miles on stationary bikes beachfront under the Milo Tree, followed by an epic run through Mauna Lani. Everyone's name and time gets added to the leaderboard in the Surf Shack. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be announced on the 31.
- December 21, 24, 28, 31, 2020 | 8am
- SUP Challenge
- Designed by the Kainalu team, this SUP "Race Course" is a weeklong event where guests can try to beat their previous time or race other guests on a Stand Up Paddle. Paddleboarding derived from traditional surfing as a way to cross train or stay fit on days with no surf.
- Holiday Fun Run
- Join Sanjiv Hulugalle as he leads a 5K Run with a smoothie sweet treat post-run.
- December 23, 27, 30, 2020 | 7am
- Sunrise Power Walks
- Expereince the most beautiful time of day. Meet at Surf Shack and we'll walk through the historic fishponds, past the cliffs at Maikawa bay and across sacred caves that surround the golf course.
- Yoga on the Beach
- Take a much-needed morning to reset, rejuvenate and retreat with beachside yoga, breathing and meditation.
- Daily | 7am
- Functional Cross Training
- Our expert personal trainers are here to keep you fit through the holidays. You'll start with a jog to the beach and some gentle yoga, followed by a workout-of-the-day with circuits, jump rope, dumbbells, stationary bike and more.
- Open Water Swim Challenge
- Beat your previous time, race or family or be the champion of the resort. This 'race course' designed by our Kainalu team will take you along our shoreline and beautiful reef.
- "Chaise to 5k"
- Get in shape with this 3-day event. The first day will include light running and stretching, with the second elevating to a 3K. The third day will challenge you to a 5K, with stretching to follow.
- December 22, 25, 27, 2020 | 8am
Golf and Tennis
Available Daily on Property
Click for information on clinic times
Reserve your court or private tennis lesson. The award-winning Cliff Drysdale Tennis Garden offers six tennis courts, with two courts lit for night play. Youth and adult clinics are available. Advanced booking for lessons is recommended.
Click for more information on courses