Cupertino Ortiz Appointed Executive Chef at Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
- ANGUILLA, B.W.I. (October 26, 2015) – Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort announced today the appointment of Cupertino Ortiz as Executive Chef of The Restaurant at Malliouhana. Ortiz will oversee seasonal menu conception and execution that celebrates a contemporary American culinary theme as well as highlighting Anguilla’s authentic sea-to-table culinary culture at Malliouhana. With more than 20 years of industry experience, Ortiz brings an eclectic flavor palate of high-end Caribbean and Latin American cuisine to provide the Anguilla restaurants‘ global guests.
- “Chef Ortiz brings a fresh perspective to the cornerstone restaurant of Malliouhana, upholding The Restaurant’s longstanding reputation as the best spot for a memorable Anguilla dining experience on the island,” said John Vasatka, General Manager of Malliouhana. “We are delighted to have him join the team following the reopening of the resort and look forward to introducing his fresh perspective to the plates of our loyal following of returning guests and those visiting for the first time.”
- Most recently, Ortiz served as Executive Chef of Rosewood at Baha Mar resort in the Bahamas, where he oversaw five on-site restaurant venues during the development stages of the property. Prior to that, Ortiz held the position of Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage at internationally recognized resorts including Mukul Resort & Spa in Nicaragua and Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, where he was responsible all culinary operations including creating and executing menus, in-room dining, banquets and receptions, and pool and lounge operations. Earlier in his career, Ortiz served as Executive Chef at The Tides Riviera Maya in Mexico and as Executive Sous Chef at One&Only Palmilla and Las Ventanas al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort both in Los Cabos, Mexico.
- The Restaurant at Malliouhana was a trailblazer in establishing established a new standard for the Caribbean’s culinary reputation when it first opened in 1984. Three-star Michelin Chef Joseph Rostang, the resort’s original chef, created a sophisticated French-inspired culinary landscape before passing the culinary torch to his son, Michelin two-star Michel Rostang, who infused Mediterranean classics with Caribbean accents.
- Now, after completion of a multi-million renovation, the new restaurant under Chef Ortiz and Auberge Resorts’ direction, will welcome guests with a relaxed style of contemporary dining that is upscale and approachable. Chef Ortiz’s menu will offer American and Mediterranean dishes while incorporating Anguilla’s access to some of the best and freshest seafood. The Restaurant features an extensive wine list, an Auberge hallmark, of more than 200 selections to choose from with representation from old and new world with a focus is on Napa Valley wines. Malliouhana’s signature Sunset Bar offers cocktails and a large selection of rare, regional rums in the most scenic vantage point on the island.
- For more information on dining in Anguilla, please visit www.malliouhana.com. Follow @malliouhana on Twitter and Instagram.
- About Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
- Now managed by the esteemed Auberge Resorts Collection, Malliouhana, on the Caribbean island of Anguilla, reopened in November 2014 after a three-year closure, ownership change and 18-month end-to-end renovation. The legendary go-to winter destination for the jet-set crowd is known for its iconic location high over Meads Bay and Turtle Cove, and sweeping 360-degree views of the Caribbean. The 44-room boutique blends modern amenities with the warmth and gracious hospitality of the Caribbean. Its transformed restaurant is lauded as the best on the island. Overlooking white-sand beaches, Malliouhana features a two-tiered swimming pool area surrounded by private cabanas, an Auberge Spa and an outdoor terrace for dining under the stars.
- MEDIA CONTACTS:
- Lisa Goldstein
- Murphy O’Brien Public Relations 310.586.7150