Getting to Domaine des Etangs
Address: Le Bourg, Massignac, France, 16310
South of Paris in Nouvelle-Aquitaine, Domaine des Etangs is ideally placed for exploring the incredible natural heritage of Charente and Limousin. The estate rests a scenic 40- to 45-minute drive from Angoulême-Cognac and Limoges-Bellegarde airports, and helicopter transfers are easily arranged.
A one-of-a-kind retreat with access to the very best of France
Domaine des Etangs' prime location—two hours from Bordeaux and two by train from Paris—makes it a wonderful base for exploring the Limousin region.
From Paris - travel time to arrive at the Domaine - 2.75 hours
- 2 hours by train from Paris Montparnasse to Angoulême + 45 minute drive from Angoulême to the Domaine
- 1 hour flight Paris Orly to Limoges + 50 minute drive to the Domaine
- 5 hours by car
- Helicopter by request
From Bordeaux - travel time to arrive at the Domaine - 1.5 hours
- ½ hour by train to the Domaine from Bordeaux to Angoulême + 45 minutes drive from Angoulême to the Domaine
- 2 hours by car to the Domaine from Bordeaux
From London - travel time to arrive at the Domaine 2.5 hours
- 1.5 hours from London Stansted to Limoges Airport + 45 minutes drive from Limoges to the Domaine
Domaine des Etangs is many things. It’s a hotbed of art and modern design, a destination for gourmands, and a sanctuary that offers a chance to slow down and reconnect with the old and new traditions of the French countryside. Built in deliberate harmony with nature and the local terroir, this otherworldly haven of raw beauty and coveted quietude enjoys convenient access to both neighboring towns and thrilling city life.