Sweets from Soleil: Auberge du Soleil Debuts Gourmet Delights to Enjoy at Home
- RUTHERFORD, CALIFORNIA (September 14, 2010) – Napa Valley’s iconic Michelin-starred Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil presents a trio of new culinary offerings to join its original signature market item, the Auberge Torte au Chocolat to its line of handmade sweets. Long known for its delicately prepared desserts, Auberge du Soleil now offers guests the opportunity to take home these gourmet specialties as a souvenir or give as an elegant and delicious gift.
- Amandes au Chocolat are a chocolate lover’s dream. Delicately roasted whole almonds are enveloped in a generous layer of dark chocolate finished by a very fine powdered coating. The highest-quality organic California almonds surrounded in luxurious chocolate create a flavor combination that is decadently divine. Crafted in small batches to ensure absolute freshness, Amandes au Chocolat are presented in a six-ounce classic Auberge du Soleil gift tin and retail for $17.50.
- Pâte de Petits Fruits, are sugared gel candies made from fresh berry purée that produce an intense burst of flavor in every bite. The essence of each fruit is perfectly condensed in these exquisite confections, which are available in a gift box assortment of 16 handmade pieces, selected seasonally from raspberry, strawberry, blackberry and blueberry for $32.50.
- Confiture de Framboises et Mûres are elegant raspberry and blackberry jams handcrafted at Auberge du Soleil in small batches filled with fresh fruit to ensure quality and freshness. The sweet yet refined jams come in two, 4-ounce jars presented in a sophisticated keepsake box for $27.50.
- “The Auberge du Soleil experience is exquisitely distinctive and so are its flavors,” said Managing Partner of Auberge Resorts, George A. Goeggel. “These classic Auberge treats allow guests to extend their sojourn of luxury or share it with others by bringing the tastes of Auberge du Soleil home.”
- The famed Auberge Torte au Chocolat is the signature creation of renowned Pastry Chef Paul Lemieux and a truly complex and inimitable balance of textures and flavors. Crisp hazelnut dacquoise, exquisitely smooth chocolate crémeux, fresh pureed organic hazelnuts, and intensely rich dark chocolate ganache make up the eleven layers of this coveted Auberge du Soleil specialty. The Torte au Chocolat retails for $57.50 plus shipping.
- A seven-year veteran of the Auberge culinary team, Lemieux’s passion and creativity in the art of pastry making come from nearly 15 years of experience honed at renowned restaurants throughout the United States. At the 80-seat restaurant at Auberge du Soleil, which services guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, Lemieux offers an outstanding seasonal dessert and cheese menu. In addition, he continues to work with chocolates at the inn, creating an exclusive line of in-room amenities only available to overnight guests.
- For more information about private events and dinner at Auberge du Soleil, or to purchase any of the culinary offerings, please call 1-800-348-5406 or visit www.aubergedusoleil.com.
- Auberge du Soleil is also a member of Relais & Châteaux, the prestigious global hospitality association of intimate, elegant and independently owned hotels and acclaimed restaurants. Founded in 1954 in France, the association is comprised of 480 luxurious establishments in 56 countries.
- MEDIA CONTACTS:
- Stacy Lewis / Adryn Miller
- Murphy O’Brien, Inc.
- (310) 586 7119