Auberge du Soleil Shines with Seventh Consecutive Michelin Star
- RUTHERFORD, CALIFORNIA (October 24 2012) – Auberge du Soleil, Napa Valley’s landmark restaurant, continues tradition with the awarding of one star by the 2013 Michelin Guide San Francisco, Bay Area & Wine Country. The rating system of Michelin organization’s restaurant guide is internationally recognized as one of the most universally respected culinary accolades. The 2013 guide continues to rate Auberge du Soleil as a top dining recommendation for visitors to the Bay Area and Wine Country.
- “We are pleased to receive back-to-back Michelin stars once again, and to receive such glowing recognition from Michelin,” said George Goeggel, managing partner of Auberge du Soleil. “Executive Chef Robert Curry leads a remarkably talented restaurant team that provides the impeccable service and breathtaking dining experience that have become the hallmarks of Auberge du Soleil. This honor from Michelin demonstrates their commitment to our guests and to culinary excellence.”
- Under the direction of Chef Curry, the 120-seat Auberge du Soleil Restaurant showcases wine country cuisine that reflects the natural diversity and rich ingredients of Napa Valley and draws from regional produce, accented with Mediterranean flavors. Curry’s menu displays his extensive experience in the traditions of both Napa Valley and France, which continue to be sources of inspiration for the cuisine at Auberge du Soleil. His signature dishes include everything from White Corn Soup with Rock Shrimp and Seared Ahi Tuna to Glazed Pork Belly and Bacon Wrapped Veal.
- Head Sommelier Kris Margerum and Executive Pastry Chef Paul Lemieux work hand in hand with Curry to develop Auberge du Soleil’s rich culinary and wine program. Margerum curates the restaurant’s wine list of 1,500 selections from 17,000-bottle cellar through the close relationships he has cultivated with Napa’s top winemakers. Lemieux has more than two decades of experience refined at renowned restaurants throughout the country. He demonstrates this experience and passion through the exquisite desserts he creates and the exclusive line of Culinary Items he produces, including perennial guest favorite, the Tort au Chocolate. Guests enjoying Curry’s, Lemieux’ and Margerum’s creations delight in beautifully balanced cuisine in a hillside setting that’s every bit as distinctive.
- The Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is served from 7:00am-11:00am, brunch is served on the weekends from 11:30am-2:30pm, lunch is served from 11:30am to 2:30pm, and dinner is served from 5:30pm to 9:30pm. For reservations, please call 800-348-5406. More information is available at www.aubergedusoleil.com.
- MEDIA CONTACTS:
- Stacy Lewis / Brooke Badger
- Murphy O’Brien, Inc.
- (310 )453 2539