Auberge Du Soleil Celebrates 11 Consecutive Michelin Star Awards
- RUTHERFORD, CALIFORNIA (October 26, 2016) – The Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil, renowned for its culinary finesse, award-winning wine list and iconic valley views, has received its 11th consecutive one-star rating from the Michelin Guide San Francisco, Bay Area & Wine Country. The rating Guide is internationally recognized as one of the most universally respected culinary authorities of fine dining. In its 11th edition, the 2017 Guide rates Auberge du Soleil among the top dining recommendations for visitors to Napa Valley, one of the leading travel and culinary destinations in America.
- “Receiving a Michelin Star is a goal of every great restaurateur; to accomplish this feat for 11 consecutive years is an incredible honor and a testament to Chef Curry’s talent,” said George Goeggel, Managing Partner of Auberge du Soleil. “We are tremendously proud of Chef Curry, his culinary team and our extraordinary service staff, who, together, ensure that dining at Auberge du Soleil is as delicious as it is memorable.”
- “I am truly honored that The Restaurant is recognized again by Michelin for 2017,” said Robert Curry, Executive Chef of The Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil. “This achievement would not be possible without our dedicated culinary and service teams, who work so hard to provide each guest with an unparalleled dining experience.”
- Chef Curry has served as Executive Chef since 2005 at the 75-seat Auberge du Soleil Restaurant featuring Wine Country cuisine that reflects balanced, regionally-sourced dishes with a Mediterranean influence in one of the world’s most picturesque hillside settings overlooking the valley and surrounded by mountain vistas. Curry’s menu reflects his extensive experience in the traditions of Napa Valley and France, which continue to inspire the cuisine at Auberge du Soleil. Signature dishes include: Kona Kampachi Crudo with kohlrabi, pickled blueberries, lime, wasabi and sesame; Day Boat Scallop with Brussels sprouts, orange, fennel and bacon vinaigrette; Sunchoke Risotto with lobster, arugula, Parmigiano-Reggiano and yuzu emulsion; Pain Farm Squab with verjus poached quince, foie gras, currants and orange; and Potato Gnocchi with wild mushrooms, Forni Brown pea shoots and Parmesan nage.
- Wine Director, Kris Margerum and Executive Pastry Chef Paul Lemieux work in tandem with Curry to develop Auberge du Soleil’s rich culinary and wine program. Margerum curates the restaurant’s wine list of 1,500 selections from 15,000-bottle cellar that has been awarded Wine Spectator’s Best of Award of Excellence for the past 20 years. Lemieux has more than two decades of experience refined at renowned restaurants throughout the country. He demonstrates this experience and passion through the exquisite desserts he creates and the exclusive line of chocolates, jams and confections he produces, including Auberge du Soleil’s famed Tort au Chocolate.
- The Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is served from 7:00am-11:00am, brunch is served on the weekends from 11:30am – 2:30pm, lunch is served from 11:30am to 2:30pm, and dinner is served from 5:30pm – 9:30pm. For reservations, please call 800-348-5406 or book online. More information is available at Auberge du Soleil.
- Auberge du Soleil is also a member of Relais & Châteaux, the prestigious global hospitality association of intimate, elegant and independently owned hotels and acclaimed restaurants. Founded in 1954 in France, the association is comprised of 480 luxurious establishments in 56 countries.
- MEDIA CONTACTS:
- Rachel Farnham
- Murphy O’Brien Public Relations
- (310) 586 7109