Hacienda AltaGracia Fact Sheet
The world’s preeminent well-being destination, Hacienda AltaGracia is tucked away from the frenzy of modern life in the foothills of the Talamanca Mountains. The resort marries seclusion and exploration, comfort and excitement, privacy and personalization - encouraging individual discovery of peacefulness and exhilaration. From sunup to sundown, in sunshine or spring showers, we invite you to move fast (or slow), explore our lands (or your inner self), connect with our community (while you reconnect with yours).
- In the mountains of Pérez Zeledón in the southern region of Costa Rica, Hacienda AltaGracia is perched above the cloud line in rolling hills, with sweeping views of the San Isidro Valley and the nearby mountains. Accessible via international airports in San José or Liberia, connecting flights are available via charter landing directly on our airstrip or at Pérez Zeledón airport with a 35-minute vehicle transfer to property. For those who prefer land travel, private vehicle transfer via a mountain or ocean route offer a scenic four to six hour drive through magical Costa Rica.
- THE WELL at Hacienda AltaGracia brings an innovative level of holistic health to Central America’s largest wellness facility. With the deep connection to Mother Earth, or Pachamama, a complete ecosystem of wellness is offered through restorative treatments using East-meets-West healing practices, expert-led health coaching sessions, workshops and seasonal retreats.
- Our 50 spacious casitas float across 180 bird-song filled acres of coffee farm, equine stables, vegetable gardens and untamed rainforest.
- One-Bedroom Casitas: Casita King (10), Casita Double (10), Casa (3), Casa con Piscina (11), Casona con Piscina (8)
- Two-Bedroom Casitas: Casa Grande (5), Casa Grande con Piscina (3), Casita Grande
- A celebration of Costa Rican indiginous life, the restaurants at Hacienda AltaGracia are inspired by the seasons and the incredible flora and fauna of the region.
- Mercado: Costa Rican coffee, pastries and take-away options for a day spent exploring. Mercado also features a market for local beers, organic wines, and chef’s larder snacks.
- Grano: Soulful Latin American fare made with local Costa Rican ingredients. Food has meaning and wellbeing is always top of mind.
- Picoteo: Rustic classic cuisine informed by local ingredients for poolside lunch.
- Las Brisas: A curated all-day menu with fresh curated cocktails at our adults-only pool.
- Cienfuegos: A celebration of Costa Rican culture - live open-fire grilling, equestrian and wonderful gatherings of interesting people.
- Adventure Dining: An integral part of our adventure program, experiential dining is tailored to meet your daily activity itinerary.
- Rancho Grande: 1,280 square feet - 60 guests
- Rancho: 646 square feet - 30 guests
- The Terrace at Las Brisas: 2,200 square feet - 100 guests
- The Terrace at Grano: 1,528 square feet - 40 guests
- Los Establos: 2,800 square feet - 120 guests
- El Cultivo: 1,000 square feet - 50 guests
- Cienfuegos: 2,200 square feet - 80 guests
- La Biblioteca: 720 square feet, 30 guests
- La Sala de Consejo: 540 square feet, 16 guests
- Located near one of the world’s five “Blue Zones” a sense of total well-being is found in the mountains of Hacienda AltaGracia. A plethora of experiences awaits you on property, but for those looking to venture further, there is much to explore with our naturalists throughout this biodiverse area.
- Hiking Trails
- Meditative River Hike
- Tree Climbing & Canopy Tours
- Horseback Riding
- El Cultivo Culinary Workshop
- Mountain Bike Descent
- Forest Bathing
- Ridge Sundowners
- Visit to Don Nery’s Trapiche
- Coffee Plantation Tour & Tasting
- Sunrise Picnics
- Quetzal Viewings
- Climbing Chirripó
- River Rafting
- Atlantic to Pacific Excursions
- THE WELL 20,000 sq ft Facility
- Fitness Center & Mindful Movement Rancho
- Adult Pool
- Family Pool
- Adventure Center & On-site Guías
- El Cultivo: On-site Chef’s Garden
- Los Establos & Picadero Riding Ring
- 40 Horses
- Hiking Trails & Adventure Pathway
- Riding Trails & Mountain Bikes
- Natural River Bath
- On-Site Coffee Farm
- In-Casita Dining
- On Property Airstrip
- Dedicated Compa to assist with planning, experiences, arrival & departure coordination.